Major changes in my morning routine have happened within the past few weeks. I recently changed schedules, which played a huge part in why and how I do things. Basically I was working a 2pm to 10pm shift, which then changed to 6am to 2pm. Just the change in shifts made my routine change drastically. Mainly because I had to get up earlier and figure out how to manage getting ready and feeding myself before work at 6am.
Like most people, I have to accomplish many things within a short period of time before leaving the house. Most days I can manage to get up at a decent time, but I do have those days where that snooze button becomes my worse enemy (that's a whole other story, we can chat about later).
My Routine in Order:
- Wake up: That's a given, if I don't get up, I wouldn't have this post. haha ;) Anyway, I have to make sure I have enough time to finish what I need to get done before leaving. So my lovely alarm starts to, what seems like blaring, in my ear. Once I'm done snoozing, I'm up.
- Shower: I must shower in the morning. If I don't shower, I won't fully wake up. I will spend the rest of the day dragging and feeling like I am missing something. On top of that, I would feel like an oily grease ball all over. That's no good.
- Daily Skin Routine: I go through the steps of putting on my moisturizer, eye cream, Argon oil, and lotion. I do this right after I get out of the shower because I feel like the lotions and all that good stuff lasts longer and moisturizes better when I apply while my pores are still somewhat open. Allowing for the moisturizer/cream/oil/lotion to go deeper into my pores (lets hope that makes sense to everyone, other than me, haha).
- Teeth: Next I brush my teeth. Then floss. This is a must. I would never leave my house without brushing my teeth. We all know that morning breath can be killer at times. After brushing my teeth, if my skin around my mouth area feels dry, I will add just a dab of moisturizer around the areas to keep it from getting flakey.
- Make up: After I brush my teeth I proceed to do my makeup. This step varies in length depending on how much make up I wear and on the amount of time I have left before I have to leave.
- Get Dressed: This part is pretty much self explanatory. I usually pick my clothes for the day, the night before. This helps to eliminate the standing in front of all my clothes, acting like I don't have anything to wear, starring into space type situation. After I am dressed, I grab my phone, put on my wedding ring, and head out to the living area.
- Tea & Dog: While I am greeted by my wonderful dog, I walk over to the stove, all while I am ignoring him for the time being, and start the kettle to warm the water for my tea. While the water is warming up, I head out to the back and take care of my dog to let him do his thing. Once he's done we both head back inside. Still waiting for the water, I feed him and give him some water. By this time, the water is done and ready to pour into my travel mug to brew my green tea.
- Say Goodbye & Head Out: I say my goodbyes to my hubby and head out the door. Making sure to grab my tea, my work essentials, my purse, and my lunch.
Cut all that in half and eliminate the doggie process and that is what my morning routine consists of when I am running late.
I can tell you, it is not a very eventful routine. What makes it eventful is what my husband sees when I am running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.
What's your morning routine like? Do you have a morning routine?
Hope you all enjoyed!