Monday, March 31, 2014

Nails of the Month | March


I wanted to start a blog that would be a reoccurring blog... If that makes sense to any one else other than me. Something that wasn't repetitive and had some sort of change, even if it wasn't major. 


So we have my idea, post a short and simple blog about the nail polish I wore for the whole month. 

This past month was my first month in a very long time that I actually did my nails more than once or at all. Having my nails done made me remember why I loved constantly having my nails painted. I fell off the wagon quite a bit of times, and I'm ready to climb back on! =) 

So at the beginning of the March I went to a nail salon and had some acrylics put on. I had the manicurist shape them oval with a little point & painted light pink. I LOVED them, because I have never been a huge fan of the original square type acrylics & the color complimented my skin tone very well. 
(Not sure what the color was called, it was from OPI)
I wore them that color for about two weeks & then changed the color to a darker fuchsia pinkish color.
(Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Polish: Flashy Fuchsia/ OPI RapiDry Topcoat)
For most of March I wore them that shape. When I finally got tired of having acrylics on I had them removed and had the manicurist shape my natural nails square. Ironic, considering I don't care for the square shaped acrylics. I think I just wanted to get away from the oval with a point shape since I had them that way for most of March. 
When I went from acrylics to natural nails, I had the manicurist put their calcium layer and clear nail polish. When I got home I painted them a light teal color and added a statement nail color on my ring fingers. 

(Orly Bonder Rubberized Basecoat/ Sinful Colors: Mint Apple/ OPI RapiDry Topcoat)
(Statement nail| Orly Bonder Rubberized Basecoat/ Sinful Colors: Mint Apple/ Sinful Colors: Nail Junkie/ OPI RapiDry Topcoat)

Hope you all enjoy! & if you have any suggestions for reoccurring blog ideas, I would love to hear them! Please share and follow! 

With love, until next time! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment