That time of the month has arrived again! I haven't been posting my monthly faves for the past two months, but I have a legit reason for that. I didn't want to put up a monthly faves that would have been a repeat of the previous month. I have been sticking to the same routine for the last few months, it was difficult to pull new monthly favorites out. So I postponed the monthly faves until I got the nerve to try something different.
September was that month I went into my make up collection and pulled out different products that I had sitting there. Let's get into what I loved in the month of September.
- Tarte Clean Slate Poreless Primer: I've tried this product in the past (during winter) and I wasn't too fond of it. I think that had to do with my skin. During winter my skin is more dry and I felt like this made my skin even drier. So I gave it another go (this time during summer) and I LOVED it! It left my skin feeling perfect and pore less and held the oil at bay. I am definitely going to keep this in my makeup collection for summer time.
- Urban Decay Naked Skin: Another product I wasn't in love with when I first tried it. Again, I tried this for the first time last winter and I just couldn't stand how it clang to my dry spots, so I ditched it and left it sitting my drawer. Just like the Tarte primer, I gave it another go. It is amazing for my skin during the summer. It is so light weight and gives me the perfect layer to even out my skin tone.
- Lorac Pro Palette #1 & #2: If you have been reading my posts before, I had featured the Lorac Pro Palette #1 in my first favorites post. Well I couldn't resist buying the second series of this palette. I love these palettes and would recommend them both to anyone. I am in love with the second one because of the Nectar, Plum, and Navy shades. I don't use the navy everyday, but I love having the matte navy shade when I do want to incorporate a pop of color. If you don't have these in your collection, I highly recommend purchasing these! If not both, they are perfect on their own as well. If you all would like to have a comparison review on these let me know in the comments. :)
- My Mascara Combo: These two mascaras together are amazing. I get the length and volume I need for my lashes. I go between both of the Rimmel London's Lash Accelerator mascaras in conjunction with the Loreal Voluminous mascara. If you haven't read my post on my go-to mascara combo, read it here.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner: Another repeat, but I love this liner. It lasts all day and doesn't smudge onto my under eye area. I have a problem with a lot of eyeliner pencils smudging in places I don't need it too. This liner is so smooth and creamy. Its also so easy to use for smudge liner on the upper lash line. It is a must in my collection and I am sure you will see it again in another monthly faves.
- Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil: I go back and forth between this pencil and my Nyx Brow Powder, but when I want a strong brow, this is my go-to pencil. I've repurchased this more times than I can count. For a period of time I couldn't find it anywhere and when I finally saw it, I snatched up a handful for back stock. This pencil lasts all day, doesn't melt away, and is just the right amount of pigment. It's also the perfect combination of creamy and stiff (if that makes any sense at all). It is another most have for me.
I am beyond proud of myself for getting this favorites post out on time and not half way through the month. Although I'm sure there is no actual time limit, I just think its better to get it out on the 1st or shortly before or after.
Hope you all enjoyed September! Share your recent favorites with me in the comments below.