Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Random | My Thoughts

 
Today marks my last official day of class for the semester. Let me explain: I've been taking college classes online and today is my proctored final exam. I'm beyond ready for class to be over, so I can take a break before I start summer courses. Working a full time job, that is demanding in time, and going to school can take its toll, but I have to remind myself it will be worth it in the end.

I find education important, it isn't just a way to possibly get you or secure yourself a job, it is a way to learn. As humans we all learn everyday, whether we realize it or not. I find people who are educated and intellectually sound fascinating. Some college students can't stand the endless classes that go toward their General Associates, and I will admit I can be one of those sometimes, but I try to take those times to learn about these random subjects I may never use again. For Example: Music Appreciation, and  learning all about music and the history. I probably won't use that class or information again, but since I've taken the class, I have a different light on music and understand some of it better. I have also gained a huge appreciation for classical or what some would call "old school" music. 

Generally music has always been a large part of my life. I listen to it everyday, I use to be in choir and still enjoy singing, and music is background noise in movies. So to learn the background and how different parts of music came into this world was truly interesting. Again, I may never use this information in my job, but I can use it in conversations. I could possibly be put into a conversation and actually have something to add or maybe just understand what they are saying. 

With all that said, I enjoy learning. I enjoy growing intellectually and hope to one day be that person I find fascinating. 

4 comments:

  1. Good luck in your exams, and I hope you'll have as much fun blogging as I am right now. You're off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did very well on my exam and I am super pleased! I really am enjoying all the blogging and connecting with fellow bloggers! Thanks for the comment! =)

      Delete
  2. I am continually amazed at how music sets off our emotions. For instance when it comes to movies and music a horror scene is paired with tense music that suddenly bursts with a loud sharp sound to scare the hell out of us. If it wasn't for the music we more then likely wouldn't jump and be scared. Same goes for a tragedy. Usually it's the sad music playing that gets me crying.
    Best of luck with your studies and exams.

    One last thing hun. I'd love for you to add your blog to my Alliance list. It's a great way to get your blog out there :)
    http://ladysapphireblog.blogspot.com.au/p/blog-page_10.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is amazing how music shapes a lot of our emotions. It is very true about music and movies. An experiment we did was to watch a movie with the subtitles on and on mute. The experience of that movie was so different in comparison to having all the music.

      & thanks so much for sharing your alliance list with me! I added my blog to your list today also!

      & thanks so much for the comment!

      Delete