Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day | #BEDM Day 26

 
First and foremost, I would like to take a moment and remember all those who have served and are currently serving for our country. I would like to take a moment to remember those who have lost their lives for this country, in order for us to live in peace. I give my greatest gratitude to all of the armed forces. Thank you for all you have done and provided.
 
I grew up in a military town for the majority of my life. My father is retired navy and I have many close friends and families I grew up with who have served or currently serving. Memorial day to me is not about the three day weekend that most get, but more about remembering. They say you know you are getting older when people you know or know of are passing away more often. I can say that I experienced this at a younger age. I use this day to remember the ones I knew who have passed fighting for our country.
 
This day is so near and dear to me. I grew up with a family for a huge portion of my life, all of us kids played together and grew up together. We of course all went our seperate ways as we got older, but they will always remain a part of my life now and forever.
 
One of the young men joined the Marines and spent a lot of time overseas. He added to the amazing family he already had, & brought into the world a baby boy. Sadly, in 2007 in he had passed. He was KIA (killed in action) while overseas in Iraq.
 
I cannot imagine the pain they all went through and still share til this day. I can say this, the news of his death brougth tears to my eyes. We all may not be as close as we were all were in the past, but just knowing someone I grew up with and have fond memories of, passed away still shakens me. 
 
I wanted to take the time to give this wonderful family my thoughts. Rest in peace KV.
 
Happy Memorial Day everyone. Let's celebrate the freedom we have and thank all the ones who have served for us to have this freedom.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment